Work With Us
Get involved with & support one of Canada’s oldest abolition & Transformative Justice organizations! Help build meaningful alternatives to police, policing & punitive justice.
Rittenhouse: A New Vision is currently inviting applications for the following positions:
- Interim Managing Director (1 year & possibility to extend);
- TJ Intake Coordinator (1 year term with possibility to extend)
We are also recruiting:
- 2 Board Members (2 year terms)
Follow the hyperlinks above to submit your application online until Sunday February 13th at 11:59pm.
Rittenhouse: A New Vision was founded in 1990 with the purpose of supporting community led alternatives to incarceration, policing, punishment and social exclusion. Our mission is informed by a commitment to transformative justice, an approach that is based on Indigenous justice practices. A transformative approach views conflict as an opportunity to work with affected parties and communities to address the underlying sources of harm, and to transform those conditions. It assumes that the people most affected by conflict should be directly involved in processes of resolution and justice, to the greatest extent possible. Transformative Justice recognizes the importance of accountability and responsibility, both for individuals and for organizations involved in justice work. It seeks non-exclusionary outcomes that maintain relationships between people and communities.
For more information on the work we do please visit our website at www.rittenhouseanv.com
- Learn about the Toronto Transformative Justice Collective, our members, vision, as well as the services & mentorship we provide here.
- We rely immensely on community support to keep our services free and affordable. Even small monthly donations make a huge difference & allow us to grow community based alternatives to the punitive justice system. Follow this link to donate & receive a charitable tax receipt!
- We are also in the process of gathering feedback from our beloved community to develop a new name for our organization as we round towards our 35 year anniversary! Please get in touch if you have ideas and suggestions!
Questions? Contact Executive Director Naty Tremblay: firstname.lastname@example.org